How to make an eCommerce app and make it profitable?
Ecommerce businesses wishing to make their business profitable by increasing sales must read the article by the link on how to create an eCommerce app, as it gives answers on most questions. Apps contribute towards 33% of mobile sales, but apps are only provided by 10% of companies. UX designs are a critical feature of mobile apps as they boost customer experience, promoting sales.
Critical Elements of an Ecommerce App
- Simple design- The UI (User Interface) should be clear and easy to navigate- register or login, explore various categories, etc.
- Faster login and checkout options- Avoid processes that involve the user entering the same data again and again. Direct the log in via social media platforms like Gmail, Facebook, etc.
- Consistent design- There must be consistency in the fonts, color schemes, and product designs throughout the app. Navigation must also be the same on different screens.
- Easily visible cart button- Users should add products to the cart without actually moving to the cart page. It will encourage them to continue shopping.
- One hand input: Place all the necessary elements in the thumb-friendly zone, like the Add to Cart button, Proceed button, and Pay Now button.
- Faster loading: Views to the app can decrease by almost 11% if there is even a second delay in loading an app’s particular page. Ensure that the page elements load faster and use a progress bar to show the page’s status.
- Wish List feature- helps customers place all their favorites in one place before deciding what to purchase.
- Secure app- All transactions in the app must be encrypted, and the app must have the best security features, as the app stores the personal details of the customers like- address, credit card info, etc.
- Auto Suggestion- this feature uses activity data logs to understand user behavior and make similar future recommendations.
- Quick customer service: A message space where users can communicate their queries to the app representatives. The response time from the business side must be prompt.
Steps to make an eCommerce app
- After deciding on an app idea, contact a vendor who will help implement it. The business analysis must also be conducted to choose the target audience and distribution model.
- Choose the platform for designing the app- Android or iOS. The best choice is to release an app that works smoothly on both platforms. But if there are budget constraints, choose according to your business requirement after considering the pros and cons.
- Create a qualitative UI/UX design- the UI/UX design should be visually informative and easy to navigate.
- Backend development: Off-the-shelf software can be used to design the backend in a shorter period. WordPress and Shopify creates a site very fast but causes problems during extensions and clustering. Liferay and Hybris help create a high-quality website but with an extensive deployment time. Writing the code from scratch is not suggested. Three aspects- payment, security, and performance must be kept in mind while designing the backend. Proper authentication and anti-fraud measures must be taken to provide the user with the required security.
- QA and testing- Bugs and errors should be minimized in the earliest possible stages to ensure the app’s smooth functioning. The Quality Assurance department maintains the product quality by creating automated tests to check the code for bugs. A few of the tests are smoke testing, regression tests, performance tests, and retesting. Product improvements are made after these tests.
- Obtain feedback from the initial users- it will help you decide what works and what doesn’t work for your app. The feedback should be monitored regularly and taken into consideration while making changes.
- Perform SEO- to make your app rank higher in the app store, SEO can be a very vital step. Title, keywords, backlinks, ratings, reviews, and download counts affect SEO rankings significantly.
- Promote your app using blogs, social media, answering Quora questions, and making videos related to the app content.
- Deployment phase: The last and most crucial stage is deploying the app to the app stores. The review can take up time, and only two days are provided to fix all the vulnerabilities. After deployment, you can implement your marketing strategy successfully.
Considerable planning, time, and money are required to develop a successful eCommerce app. The app must have an optimal design, take user input, and have features that stand out in this competitive market.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with the latest big data news.